Mother's Day Consumer Guide to Buying Flowers
Teleflora Shares Seven Secrets to a Fresh and Beautiful Holiday
LOS ANGELES (April 19, 2005) ľ Teleflora, the world's leading floral services and product company, released today its Mother's Day Consumer Guide to Buying Flowers. This invaluable tool gives consumers an inside perspective on Mother's Day flower gift offerings, trends in flower design and ways to avoid flower-buying pitfalls.
Navigating the maze of flower offerings, both online and at the retail level, can leave many consumers confused. Finding a local florist you can trust, backed by a national company that guarantees 100% of all orders, ensures Mom will not be disappointed this Mother's Day.
Teleflora's Mother's Day Consumer Buying Guide
- Order early. Mother's Day is the busiest time of year for a florist.
- If you order online, don't rely on random banner-ad offers that promise same-day delivery. Work with a local florist and a name you can trust to ensure satisfaction.
- Seek advice from your neighborhood florist; they have the experience and design skills to deliver memorable bouquets.
Send flowers that 'fit' her personality
Classic: Roses -- for Mother's day there is a wide range of rose colors, from pink and lavender to peach, blush and yellow.
Exotic: Orchids -- both fresh cut and an orchid plant make ideal gifts. Dendrobium, Cymbidiums, Phalaenopsis and Cattleya orchids will amaze mom.
Hip/Cool: Gerbera daisies -- in every color imaginable; mix and match these sunny blossoms to your delight
Traditional: Carnations ľ the traditional flower of Mother's day since the holiday's founder made her mother's favorite flower the "official" flower symbol of the holiday.
- Make Mother's Day last. Order flowers in a high-quality, limited-edition crystal keepsake container, such as Teleflora's premium quality Galway Irish Crystal basket
- Don't disappoint Mom by buying the 'direct-from-the-grower' flowers that arrive unarranged in an overnight shipping box. She works hard all year; don't make her arrange her own gift.
- Don't forget your grandmother, aunt, sister and other special women in your life. They will all love the gift of flowers!
Teleflora is the world's leading floral service and products company. Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, Teleflora has approximately 25,000 member florists throughout the U.S. and Canada, with an additional 20,000 affiliated florists outside North America. Teleflora offers industry-leading floral arrangements and gifts, technology, marketing and education services. Through its extensive member florists' network, Web sites including www.teleflora.com and www.findaflorist.com, and its toll-free line 1-800-TELEFLORA, the company offers consumers fast, convenient and high-quality flowers and keepsake products.