Pets are members of the family, so the last thing we want is for them to get sick from flowers or plants that are toxic to them. You don’t have to stay entirely away from all flower arrangements and plants, but it is good to be aware so that you can move some out of the way of a curious dog or cat. Whether you’re sending flowers or receiving flowers as a gift, know what flowers are toxic to dog and cats and know the pet-friendly flowers and plants for your home.
If you suspect that your pet may have ingested a toxic plant or flowers, please contact your vet right away. Here are a few signs of toxic consumption:
When you’re ordering flowers or a plant for a pet-friendly household, just take a few extra minutes to check that the bouquet is safe to send. Even plants that aren’t pet-friendly can be enjoyed in the house, as long as extra measures are taken to keep them away from beloved pets.