Decorating ideas for a fall dinner party:
- Add pizzazz to your front entry by decorating your porch or lining your steps with pumpkins and fall chrysanthemums.
- Add seasonal decor to your front door with an autumn wreath and a fall welcome doormat.
- Welcome your guests with a crackling fire and fragrant candles.
- Group pumpkins, acorns, and gourds on a mantel or buffet table to add fall touches that will provide a warm welcome all season long.
- Make your own mini pumpkin candleholders: cut a 1-inch-wide circle into each pumpkin, scoop out the centers with a teaspoon, and insert a votive candle.
- Look for fall recipes online and serve seasonal soups and appetizers, a hearty roasted main dish, and a rich pumpkin or apple dessert.
Fall tablescape ideas:
- Set your harvest table with richer tones - browns, oranges, mustards, burgundy.
- Warm metallics are on trend - try incorporating some gold, brass, or copper accents into your table decor.
- A burlap table runner sprinkled with colorful fallen oak leaves makes for a more rustic affair.
- Bold orange napkins give the setting a pop of seasonal color.
- Use your best handwriting to write each guest's name on a leaf. Tie each leaf to a napkin for an easy DIY placeholder.
- Place a Teleflora fall centerpiece on the table. Our classic autumn arrangements are low and compact so they do not interfere with conversation and the passing of dishes.
- Add a warm autumn glow to the table by lighting candles placed inside rustic mason jars and fun lanterns. Candles should be lightly scented so as not to clash with the delicious aromas coming from your kitchen!
Our fall entertaining tips will help impress your guests, but be careful though, they may never want to leave!