TELEFLORA SHARES CONSUMER TIPS FOR VALENTINE'S DAY FLOWER ORDERS
The Benefits of Using a Neighborhood Florist
LOS ANGELES (February 8, 2005) ľ Teleflora, the world's leading floral services and product company, today announced its Valentine's Day Consumer Tip List to avoid disappointment when ordering floral gifts. Valentine's Day is America's most popular flower holiday, but consumers are often presented with misguided flower options when ordering flowers. Teleflora, with more than 70 years in the flower business, has proven tips that will help ensure consumers make smart and informed buying decisions this Valentine's Day. These recommendations will guarantee your Valentine's Day order is beautifully-arranged by a skilled neighborhood florist who will use only fresh flowers and guarantee on time delivery. With a member network of over 20,000 neighborhood florists, Teleflora offers consumers the opportunity to work with a local florist who will take a personal interest in ensuring a truly special Valentine's Day experience.
Teleflora's Valentine's Day Consumer Tip List
- Order early ľ don't rely on random banner-ad offers that promise same-day delivery. Work with a local florist affiliated with a national name you can trust.
- Roses are classic, but try different flower arrangements. Seek advice from your neighborhood florist, they have the design skills to deliver memorable bouquets.
- Explore colors other than red. You can say 'love' with pink, yellow, peach, purple or dozens of other vibrant colors. Mix it up.
- Make Valentine's Day last beyond February 14th. Order your flowers in a high-quality, limited-edition keepsake that can be used over and over again.
- Make sure you buy florist-arranged bouquets. Don't get disappointed by purchasing direct-from-the-grower offerings that arrive unarranged in an overnight shipping box. These flowers require your "special someone" to do all the work and worse yet, they could be damaged in transit.
"When consumers order flowers for Valentine's Day, they expect a presentation of beautifully-arranged fresh flowers." stated Phil Kleweno, President and Chief Executive Officer, Teleflora. "One sure-fire way to maintain the integrity of your order is to work with neighborhood florists who use their professional training to make each arrangement they design a masterpiece. This is something direct-from-the-grower shipping companies cannot offer."
This past week, the Federal Trade Commission warned consumers against what they called 'petal pushers' ľ telemarketers attempting to cash in on the flower industry. It is recommended that consumers order flowers from a company they can trust, and with the guarantees they deserve. As the world's most popular name in flowers, Teleflora guarantees 100% of its orders ľ ensuring every delivery exceeds consumer's expectations.
Teleflora is the world's leading floral service and products company. Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, Teleflora has approximately 25,000 member florists throughout the U.S. and Canada, with an additional 20,000 affiliated florists outside North America. Teleflora offers industry-leading floral arrangements and gifts, technology, marketing and education services. Through its extensive member florists' network, Web sites including www.teleflora.com and www.findaflorist.com, and its toll-free line 1-800-TELEFLORA, the company offers consumers fast, convenient and high-quality flowers and keepsake products.