April 28, 2013 – Teleflora is proud to once again have sponsored the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon 5K event. Teleflora sponsors the event’s 5K Run in addition to volunteering at the water stop. This year we had about 50 employees run in the event. We have a total of 260 employees in our OKC office, so this was a great turn-out!
Watch this video created by employee Jodi Hinkle
- The 2013 Memorial Marathon, Oklahoma City’s Run to Remember, is a celebration of life. As is tradition, the crowd at the start lined paused for 168 seconds of silence to remember those who where killed on April 19, 1995, and an additional 3… seconds for those killed at this year’s Boston Marathon.
- The Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon is what Runner’s World calls one of the 12 “Must Run” marathons in the world.
Facts about Teleflora’s “flower shoe” featured in the OKC Marathon:
- The “flower shoe” is featured at Teleflora’s water stop, which is at about the half way mark of the marathon
- The floral running shoe was created by florist extraordinaire, Marie Ackerman and decorated by Teleflora OKC employees
- Over 1500 carnations and mums decorate the shoe
- About 500 roses were used in the “RUN OKC” boxes
Learn more about Teleflora’s involvement at the OKC memorial events
VIDEO CREDIT: With special thanks to Marie Ackerman, VP Education, and Chris Crabtree, for graciously letting us video them in the Teleflora OKC Education Center and for agreeing to be interviewed without warning a few weeks ago. Also thank you to Praveen Kumar Pratapaneni, who agreed to be interviewed and did a great job on-camera.
This article is brought to you by Michelle Farrell for Teleflora on Google+